Another good interview that is well-illustrated with pics from my own archives and selections by the Nutmeg people. Quite a bit of my life story stuff, with an opening blast at the concept of Limited Liability that allows those who own companies to shirk responsibility for broken commitments and damages inflicted by actions from which they profited. That’s a relatively new ‘invention’ that I have for some time regarded as a curse upon our culture. When I did VegeBurger it was as sole proprietor with unlimited liability for my actions. It does focus the mind and keep one responsible.
Video on Youtube
Video on Soundcloud
Video on Facebook
Excellent piece on my game-changing VegeBurger, broadcast by the BBC World Service yesterday. Nine action-packed minutes, prompted by “Veganuary.” Well worth a listen.
In 1982, American entrepreneur Gregory Sams launched a product that would help take vegetarianism into the mainstream in the UK. “VegeBurgers” were cheap, tasty and a deliberate attempt to provide a meat-free alternative to one of the mainstays of the fast food industry. Gregory Sams talks to Simon Watts.
first broadcast 08:50 Thursday 25 January.
I didn’t realise we’d covered so much in our probing conversation, but here is Jody White’s index of the subsequent Lumieres Podcast. There’s a sweet and musical 13 minute introduction. Do dip in.
- Greg’s recent Breaking Convention appearance.
- Drugs, divine light and Quantum Theory.
- Zoroastrianism and light worship.
- On commencing writing Sun of gOd.
- Greg’s first LSD experience in California.
- The power of Sunlight.
- Cultural associations of the Sun throughout history.
- The imbalance of global power structures.
- Greg’s adventures in pioneering organic foods.
- Growing up with real home-cooked food.
- Getting into Macrobiotics.
- Moving to the UK and helping to launch the natural food movement.
- Learning how to run a food company on the fly.
- On creating the original VegeBurger.
- The current Psychedelic renaissance.
- Greg’s current mission to promote a new perspective on the Sun.
- The Yin and Yan of things.
- Making clear choices in life.
- Moving out of the business world.
- Pioneering fractal art and discovering chaos theory.